The ingredients that characterize the beef Wellington are the prime beef, parma ham, mushrooms and puff pastry, in addition to the point of the meat, a secret essential. It is a delicious dish and there is not only a form of preparation. In this article you will be able to see two recipes of beef Wellington, a more classical and one with the Port wine.
In the traditional recipe of beef Wellington, there are between the meat and the mass of a pâté or mashed potatoes and a slice of bacon or raw ham.
These ingredients have a purpose: to absorb some of the liquid that the meat releases during cooking and the dough does not get wet. The puff pastry should be, then, cooked (not raw), and golden brown and should break up, as if they were leaves in the open.
The great secret of the beef Wellignton is the point of the flesh: this should be juicy and full, pink inside with only the edges sealed.
See the recipes that we have selected for you.
2 RECIPES OF BEEF WELLINGTON
1. BEEF WELLINGTON CLASSIC
The first suggestion is classic flavor, with parma and mushrooms in puff pastry.
– Ingredients –
- 1 puff pastry large
- 300 g of parma ham sliced
- 300 g mushroom Paris
- 500 g of filet mignon
- 1 gem
- Dijon mustard (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Onion (to taste)
- Garlic (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
– Mode of preparation –
- Season the meat with salt and pepper. Seal the piece on all sides. Cover with dijon mustard. Book.
- Open a plastic film on the bench and make a braid of ham.
- Process the mushrooms with onion and garlic. Saute this mixture until the liquid evaporates. Put this cream over the ham. Place the meat over the cream and wrap well, as if it were a pie. Book.
- Open a plastic film on the bench and, on top, open the puff pastry. Take the roll with the meat and wrap everything. Mix an egg yolk with water for brushing the dough.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees and bake for 30 minutes. Rotate the shape after 15 minutes to a cooking uniform.
- The beef Wellington is at the point when the dough is crispy and roasted. Let rest for six minutes and then open.
2. BEEF WELLINGTON WITH PORT WINE
This second idea is for the lovers of Port wine, which is the major highlight in this dish.
– Ingredients –
- 800 g of fillet mignon
- 800 g fresh mushrooms
- 8 slices of parma ham
- 400 g puff pastry
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cloves of garlic, squeezed
- 1 onion
- 1 handful of thyme
- 100 ml Port wine
- Olive oil
– Mode of preparation –
- Preheat the oven to about 200 degrees.
- Thoroughly clean the fillets and leave the meat in the shape of cylinder. Season with flower of salt and sear it in a frying pan with olive oil to create a thin crust, so that it would prevent the water from the meat exit.
- Wrap the meat in paper towel, change the paper whenever it is drenched. Do not use fork or something sharp to pick up the meat, handle with tweezers. The meat will be extremely dry.
- Cut the mushrooms, the garlic-the French, the onion and chop the garlic by putting everything together and mixed in the processor, to form a mixture with the consistency of a puree.
- Then, take this cream to the skillet, add the wine and make a reduction leaving the water to evaporate.
- Add thyme, leave a little more to the heat, reserve and let cool.
- Unwrap the plastic wrap on a flat surface and cover with the parma ham.
- Spread the folder of mushroom on top of the ham in order to get a thin layer homogeneous.
- Place the fillet in the middle and on the layer formed by the cream and parma ham. Carefully wrap the parma ham over the fillet, so as to make a cylinder.
- Pass the paper film on the outside as well tight and place in the refrigerator, about 20 minutes.
- Open the puff pastry in a thin layer. Remove the film to the meat and place it in the center of the mass.
- Brush the dough with the yolk of the egg and wrap in the form of a new cylinder, now with mass (in place of the movie) and the meat. Cut the excess dough from the ends and fold over to meet the sides of the meat.
- Place the meat in the refrigerator for 5 minutes. Bake at 200 degrees approximately 30 minutes, and is ready to serve.
Rabbit – Chelsea, London
19 best Meatless Monday! images on Pinterest
Ground Beef Wet Burritos
Ciao Bella Venison Pizziola Recipe
chicago italian beef restaurants
Best steakhouse in every state
All the Details for Staying at Telunas Private Island …
ゴードン・ラムゼイのBread Street Kitchen セレブリティシェフ レストラン マリーナベイ・サンズ
Where to eat the best Beef Wellington in London
Beef Tenderloin with Red Wine Balsamic Reduction Recipe
Vegetarian Portobello Wellingtons
La Comida Deliciosa
17 Best images about One Side Dishes on Pinterest
Menu Musings of a Modern American Mom: Classic Cobb Salad
What does British food taste like?
20 Fantastic Recipes for Taco Tuesday
The Beef Wellington with Skin-on Mashed Reds. Bacon Cheese …
cooking beef stew meat on stove top
Ramsay’s famous Beef Wellington at Heddon Street Kitchen …