The tofu is increasingly present in the diet of anyone seeking a healthier life style. But there are still questions about the best form of preparation to get a taste, and consistency pleasing. The suggestions that we will certainly bring to the table this food more frequently.
Before you know how to cook tofu, it is important that you know how to choose the type of tofu that you will use and prepare. It is also important to know how to store this food, so as to preserve its consistency and give you the maximum flavor possible.
WHAT IS THE TOFU?
Tofu is a food-based soy, with a texture similar to cheese. Known to be an option that replaces meats and cheeses in the vegan diet and a vegetarian, tofu is a food that provides protein and is not an option recent.
There are more than two thousand years, tofu is consumed in China, followed by Japan and Korea, to then be marketed throughout the world. He is currently considered an important food for those who practice a diet without sources of animal protein, providing nutritional values of interesting.
This food gains more and more fans to the extent that one experiences and learns how to cook. However, as with any food, should be consumed in moderation, preferably with the recommendation of a nutritionist, and inserted in a balanced diet and adapted to the individual needs.
TYPES OF TOFU
There are two types of tofu the most common, soft (silken), texture more smooth and creamy, being the option most recommended for the preparation of desserts and sauces, and the tofu firm or extra-firm, ideal for the preparation of grilled, sautéed and boiled.
You can also find tofu smoked and seasoned, spreadable paste or in small pieces ready for use in a more practical way.
To get a tofu of better quality, the recommendation is that choose a product source organic/organic and it is refrigerated.
MODE OF CONSERVATION OF THE TOFU
The best way to conserve the tofu is in the refrigerator, during the time indicated on the packaging. When you open the packaging to use should discard the water and wash the piece of tofu.
Use the part needed and save it preferably in a glass jar, cover with water to keep the tofu hydrated, and take it to the fridge, up to a week. It is not recommended that if you freeze the tofu, as you may lose consistency.
When you come back to use, it is necessary to squeeze the tofu to remove the excess water and then follow up with the recommendations for each recipe you choose. There are no secrets!
HOW TO COOK TOFU? EXAMPLES OF 2 RECIPES, SALTY AND SWEET
HOW TO COOK TOFU – RECIPES SAVORY
For recipes cooking salted, the ideal is to make a marinade with the seasoning to taste and leave it for at least thirty minutes or more. It is in this way that the tofu will add flavor, and then added to the dishes that you want.
You can use the tofu in cubes, strips, fillets, crushed. The ingredients for the marinade combined with the tofu is the flavor stronger, such as soy sauce, ginger, paprika, lemon juice, garlic, peppers, coriander and turmeric.
When you already have the tofu ideally marinated, can then prepares it on the grill, sauté, stew, bake and add to any recipe that you want. The preparation is as for other similar foods.
HOW TO COOK TOFU – SWEET RECIPES
You can add tofu to risottos, burgers, fillings, dumplings, noodles and desserts, easy to prepare. Options are not lacking to begin trying recipes with tofu and include this food in the meals of the day-to-day. To whet your appetite and inspire you to start your recipes, see how to cook tofu in a dish salted and how to prepare for a option from recipe sweet.
1. TOFU WITH SAUTÉED VEGETABLES
This revenue option salt will see how to cook tofu and salteá it with vegetables for a lunch or dinner fast, nutritious and delicious.
– Ingredients –
- 500 g firm tofu
- Sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- 1 onion
- 100 g mushrooms, shitake
- 1 carrot
- 3 sprouts packshoi
- Sauce teryaki
- Chives fresh
– Mode of preparation –
- Start by drain a block of tofu with a 500 g.
- Cut it in half, cover both halves with absorbent paper and press to lose some water.
- The following cut into cubes, put them inside a zip bag, sprinkle with sesame seeds, drizzle with soy sauce and a little pepper. Close and shake to engage the tofu in the seasoning. Take it to the refrigerator for 30 minutes to gain flavour.
- After this time, put a little olive oil to heat in a wok and add 1 teaspoon of sesame oil for flavoring.
- When you have hot add the tofu, pouring the marinade, and cook over medium high while you prepare the vegetables.
- Cut an onion in half moons, 100 g mushrooms, shitake, 1 carrot into strips and 2-3 sprouts packshoi in juliana and their stems in sips.
- Stir the tofu, then remove and reserve.
- Join more olive oil, the onion, the mushrooms and the carrots. When the vegetables have cooked, add the stalk of the cabbage and let fry 2-3 minutes.
- Then join the rama and tofu, re-stir and leave to cook a little.
- Serve with sauce teryaki, sprinkled with sesame seeds and a bit of chives chopped in time.
2. TARTE OF CHOCOLATE WITH TOFU
As you will see below, there is no need to always associate the tofu to the revenue of the salt, because he is great also in the preparation of sweets, such as this delicious pie of chocolate. This suggestion is not vegan, as it takes butter, chocolate and honey, but you can substitute for vegan.
– Ingredients –
- 2 cups of crackers, water, and salt, crushed (or same amount of corn flakes or oatmeal)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 370 g of chocolate 70% cocoa
- 1/3 cup of liqueur coffee
- 450 g tofu, soft
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Mode of preparation of the base –
Crush the biscuits (and the rest of the cereal if it is the case) and add it to the butter – don’t need to stay very connected. Spread in the bottom of a tarteira with the background mobile.
– Mode of preparation of the cream –
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in a bain-marie along with the liquor.
- In the meantime, whisk the tofu in the processor or in the mixer until a uniform consistency and smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate, honey and vanilla extract and mix well until uniform.
- Put in the form and take to the refrigerator at least 2 hours to gain consistency and will be ready to serve.