Tourists practically do not stop in Simferopol, because there is neither a gentle sea nor majestic mountains. However, here you can visit a number of interesting sights: Naples “Scythian”, Kebir-Jami Mosque (beginning of the 16th century), Crimean Republican Museum of Local Lore, Simferopol Art Museum, Crimean Ethnographic Museum, M. Vorontsov’s house, former men’s gymnasium, F. Milhausen’s house, farmstead “Karolinovka”.
According to Top Pharmacy Schools, the central offices of large travel companies are located in Simferopol, and numerous tourist routes begin from here.
Staraya Russa, Novgorod region (Russia)
At the southern shore of Lake Ilmen, 99 km from Veliky Novgorod, there is the city of Staraya Russa . It is believed that the city was founded in the 10th century, but the first annalistic mention of it dates back to 1167. The development of the city was due to the salt industry and trade relations with other lands through the path “from the Varangians to the Greeks.” In 1776 Staraya Russa received the status of a county town. At the beginning of the 19th century, salt production was stopped and on the basis of mineral water sources and healing mud, the Staraya Russa balneo-mud resort was created. The resort exists to this day, being one of the oldest medical centers in Russia.. It is located in the southern part of the city. Such famous people as the critic N. A. Dobrolyubov, the poet K. M. Fofanov, the composer E. F. Napravnik, the artist B. M. Kustodiev and the Grand Dukes Vladimir were treated here. Alexandrovich and Alexey Alexandrovich. The healing water of Staraya Russian springs contains chlorine, sodium and calcium, and the local lakes are sources of healing silt mud containing hydrogen sulfide, iron and mineral salts. In total, there are nine mineral springs on the territory of the resort. Some of them, merging, form mineral lakes. The microclimate around the lakes has healing properties, as the air here is saturated with ions from their surface. The main focus of the resort is the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal and connective tissue, digestive organs, nervous system, respiratory organs, hearing aid, gynecological and skin diseases. Here visitors are offered balneo-mud treatment, hydrotherapy, climatotherapy, physiotherapy, remedial gymnastics, massage, diet therapy, psychotherapy and exercise therapy, which takes place in a mineral water pool. Along the shores of the lakes located within the resort, beaches with umbrellas and sunbeds are equipped.
Among the architectural monuments in the city of Staraya Russa, the Spaso-Preobrazhensky Monastery stands out. Presumably it was founded in the 12th century by Saint Martyrius. The current complex of monastic buildings was formed in the 17th century, only the main cathedral – the Cathedral of the Transfiguration of the Savior was erected in the 15th century on the site of a wooden church of the 12th century. Now the Spaso-Preobrazhensky Monastery houses the expositions of the Old Russian Museum of Local Lore. The most interesting museum exhibitions are “Literature and theater in the history of the culture of Staraya Russa”, “Finds of archaeologists in the city of Staraya Russa” and “History of the Transfiguration Monastery”. In the vicinity, it is worth seeing the Church of the Great Martyr Mina of the 14th century, where, according to legend, the Swedes who captured the city were blinded; the Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker of 1371, where the local history museum was located in Soviet times; Trinity Church of the second half of the 17th century and the Resurrection Cathedral of the late 17th century. Be sure to visit the house-museum of F.M. Dostoevsky. Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky lived in Staraya Russa from 1872 to 1875 and in 1880. It was at this time that he wrote the novels “The Brothers Karamazov” and “Demons”. The museum was opened in 1981. Here, the interiors of his rooms are recreated with authentic furniture of the 19th century, with a collection of personal belongings, photographs, documents and books of Dostoevsky.
Sudak, Crimea (Russia)
Sudak is one of the most popular climatic resorts in Crimea. It is spread out on the shore of a large bay in a spacious valley covered with beautiful vineyards.
Sudak is one of the oldest cities not only in Ukraine, but throughout Europe. It is believed that it was founded by the Alans in the 3rd century BC. n. e. Zander famous for the Genoese fortress – a monument of medieval architecture of world significance. Other sights of the city are the Consular Castle with two towers, in a small courtyard of which the remains of unique frescoes have been preserved; mosque of the 12th century; Watch and Port towers; medieval basilicas; Temple of the Twelve Apostles; underground structures. You should definitely look at the Great Crimean Canyon – a wild, majestic gorge, striking in its severe beauty.
An exceptionally successful combination of recreational factors – a generous sun, an almost complete absence of cloudiness in summer, magnificent beaches with fine gravel and a gradually lowering bottom, clear sea water – favored the transformation of Sudak into an important seaside resort.
It treats diseases of the respiratory organs of a non-tuberculous nature, cardiovascular and nervous systems. More than 135,000 people have a rest here every year on vouchers alone. Over 500 thousand unorganized vacationers and tourists come here during the season.